IASI TOURIST INFO CENTER

Piata Unirii no.12
turism.iasi@gmail.com
Phone: 0040.232.261.990
It all started at Iasi ...
The First Romanian Medical School, University-like, The Surgery School

The First Monument in the Romanian Principalities

The first Romanian Electricity Laboratory (Iasi, 1910)

The First Natural History Museum in the Romanian Principalities (Iasi, 1834)

The first Romanian member of the Royal Academy of Sciences in Berlin - Dimitrie Cantemir (1673–1723)


[more ...]
News

What's your opinion ?
City map

Home It all started at Iasi

It all started at Iasi ::

The First Monument in the Romanian Principalities - The Obelisk of the Lions (November 1834, Iasi, in Copou Park), was raised as a sign of gratitude towards Russia and Turkey, in the honor of the first law referring to the political, administrative and legal organization, - "The Organic Rules" (1832). The monument was erected by the architects Johan Freywald and Mihail Singurov, and the project was signed by Gheorghe Asachi. Having 13 m height and 10 t weight, the column of rock is held by four giant lions, created at Lemberg, by the sculptor Johann Semser.

[... back]

| Home | History | What's to be seen | Spare time | Utils | Sitemap |